What is the Amazon Influencer Program?
In 2017, the retail behemoth set in motion its Amazon Influencer Program, a close cousin to the highly successful Amazon Affiliate Program, where influencers can create and publish content and help make it easier for customers to find what they’re interested in or are looking for. The program seeks to empower anyone to boost their marketing game by providing the necessary tools to help them select and market the best products on Amazon, earn through commissions, and make it to the top of the influencer pile.
The Amazon marketplace can be a jungle with an overwhelming number of products and services available. By joining the Amazon Influencer Program, influencers can effectively market their offerings by leveraging the features of the Amazon Live Creator App. For instance, through the app, you can do live video and optimize customer engagement by availing of live promotion and chat features. The more you stream, the more visibility you’ll have on Amazon.com/live, and the higher your earnings can become.
Also, through the influencer program, you can rise above the din by creating your own personalized page on Amazon (a.k.a Amazon storefront) with your custom URL. Here, you can publish your livestreams and showcase your shoppable photos and videos. Like a mini online store, the design of your page can be a powerful marketing tool, providing your customers with a satisfying, one-of-a-kind shopping experience. In addition, you can further optimize your storefront to boost your brand by tapping it as a landing page for your ads.
How the Amazon Influencer Program Works
If you already have a significant number of followers on YouTube, Instagram, or Facebook and meet the criteria of the Amazon Influencer Program, you’re eligible to apply as a member.
Once accepted into the program, you can create and design your own Amazon storefront and select product recommendations to endorse and post your storefront’s links on your social media pages. Your followers can then easily click these links to make a purchase, after which you get a commission for the referral.
Here is a simple guide through the process:
- Apply to the Amazon Influencer Program.
- In the Amazon Associates Program, select the Amazon Influencer field to register.
- Build your Amazon store. Start by choosing the products you want to market and the brands you want to work with, and then add these to your store.
- Share the link to your Amazon store on your social media pages so followers can access the products you endorse.
- Once your audience clicks on the links on your social media pages, they will be redirected to your Amazon shop.
- In your Amazon store, they can purchase the item you endorsed.
- You receive a commission from the retailer for the item your customer purchased and/or will purchase within the next 24 hours.
Amazon Influencer Eligibility Requirements
If you have a significant number of followers, then it may be high time to check out the following Amazon Influencer requirements:
- You should have an active YouTube, Instagram, or Facebook account一the only social media platforms recognized by the program. We suggest you use your account with the largest number of followers to apply to the program.
- You Should have an Amazon Account and are operating your business in the U.S., U.K., Canada, or India, the only countries where the Amazon Influencer Program is currently available.
- Link your social media account to Amazon. This allows them to view your data and validate your eligibility for the influencer program.
- Amazon doesn’t specify a minimum number of followers to qualify for the program, but those with a significant following likely have a better chance of getting accepted. You’ll perhaps have to work your numbers first before applying.
- Should your application become successful, you’ll need to allow Amazon to access your social media platform and implement social media activity such as publishing, following, and unfollowing accounts.
How to Apply for the Amazon Influencer Program
Now that you know all the Amazon Influencer requirements, here’s how to start the application process:
Step 1: Registration
Go to the Amazon Influencer Program homepage and click “Get started.” You will then be prompted to create an Amazon account or select a customer or Amazon Associates account that you already have. If you choose the first option, enter your name, email address, account password, and physical address, to register.
In addition, you will also be asked to give the following:
- Access to your account
- Username or URL of your selected social media account (choose the one with the highest following)
- Your name
- A bio with 350 characters
- Your profile picture (minimum of 250 x 250 px)
- Your selected email address where Amazon will send all reports
- Your cover image or photo (optional; minimum of 1810 by 402 px)
Step 2: Applying to the Influencer Program
To apply, fill in the information requested depending on your selected social media platform. For example, if it’s Facebook, you’ll need to link your FB account to Amazon. If your Instagram account has the strongest following, you’ll have to provide your Instagram handle and input how many followers and posts you have.
Step 3: Create Your Storefront
If you’re an Amazon Brand Registry member, you can create a customized storefront to boost your marketing strategy. In addition, being a participant in the Amazon Influencer Program gives you the privilege to avail of their special Amazon Storefront feature. This is what distinguishes you as an Amazon influencer and gives you the upper advantage over Amazon associates.
Optimize your storefront’s potential by investing the necessary time and effort to promote the products yourself. You’ll gain more credibility if you share your own experiences with the product. Also, ensure you include a profile image and header image to help make your storefront stand out.
Step 4: Create your Account
To create your account, simply add your account information. Then click on “Save and Finish.”
Once done, you’ll be redirected to the Amazon Associates dashboard. Once you’re in, simply follow the Amazon Influencer Program through the social media account you used to register for the program. This is the last step before Amazon approves your application.
How much does the Amazon Influencer Program pay?
Commission can range from 1%-10%. For example, influencers can earn a 10% commission from selling Amazon’s private-label fashion line and Amazon coins. You can get 8% from selling furniture, lawn & garden, home improvement, prime pantry and pet products, 6% for business and industrial supplies, and 1% for video games and game consoles.
What does an Amazon influencer do?
In a nutshell, an Amazon influencer endorses personally selected products on Amazon to their social media account followers through content creation and inspiration.
Is becoming an Amazon influencer worth it?
The definite answer to this question is YES. Although the commissions vary, they can all add up to a hefty sum as you continue to fill up your store and invest the work needed to market your Amazon products. Amazon also surfaces content they like, increasing your following and giving you more earning opportunities.
Who are the world’s best Amazon influencers?
The Amazon Influencer Program will allow you to join the ranks of these successful Amazon influencers:
Category: Kitchen, Baking & Confectionery, Food, Cake Decorating
2. Leticia Gardner
Category: Fitness, Home Décor, Health & Beauty, Fashion, Family, Men’s Gifts, Pets
Amazon: Leticia Gardner
3. Holland Smith Paterno
Category: Fashion, Beauty, Home, Lifestyle
Amazon: Holland Smith Styling
4. Ashley Marquez
Category: Education, Home, Lifestyle, Fashion & Beauty, Motivational Content
Amazon: Teach Create Motivate
5. The Ohio Girl Jaz
Category: Fashion, Travel, Beauty
6. Laura Fuentes
Category: Health & Wellness, Kids & Baby, Kitchen & Cooking, Home
7. Jalissa Queen
Category: Technology, Fashion & Beauty, Photography and More
8. Brad Kowitz
Category: Off-road & Camping Gear, Fitness, Photography, Travel, Technology
9. Jamye Hunter
Category: Fitness, Fashion, Beauty, Military
10. Justin Braun
Category: Workshop Tools, 3D Printing, Off-road Supplies and Adventures, Vehicle Mods, Technology
Amazon: Overtime Garage
The Wrap Up
Success comes to those who are willing to put in the time and hard work. However, one can go even farther and faster with the right tools. The Amazon Influencer Program can equip you with the platform to hit the ground running. So make great things happen for you today—apply now to the program and reap the lucrative rewards of becoming an Amazon Influencer.