If you’ve ever seen the blue checkmark next to a creator’s account name, it most likely means they’re verified. Let’s talk more about the TikTok verification process!
Many social media platforms will give large creators verification badges after proving their identity. With many social media users making parody and fan accounts, the verification badge is a surefire way to know you’re following the real person behind the account.
Specifically, we’re going to focus on the TikTok verification process, what it means to be verified, and how you can be verified on this app – Let’s get started!
What Is the TikTok Verified Badge?
According to TikTok, when an account is verified, it means that it has confirmed that the account belongs to the individual or brand it represents. With so many celebrities and well-known creators active on the app, the verified badge is a clear way to ensure you’re following the actual person rather than a parody or fan account.
The verified badge will appear as a blue checkmark displayed next to the user’s account name in both their profile and search results. This allows viewers to easily know if the account is real and make informed choices about the content they consume.
Examples of Verified TikTok Accounts
A lot of the time, you’ll see verified badges are given to celebrities and well-known creators. Additionally, you’ll see verification badges next to brands, companies, and sports teams.
For example, the Chicago Bulls page is verified because it has been proven to represent a professional sports team.
ZACH FULL SEND 🤯♬ original sound – Chicago Bulls
Additionally, popular influencer and dancer Addison Rae is verified because she has proven the account belongs to her.
How to Become Verified on TikTok
In order to become verified on this app, you need to first build up your social media presence and gain a loyal following to support your account. Although TikTok doesn’t take into consideration the number of followers or likes your account has, having a large following may help in the verification process. Follow these steps to request a verification badge on TikTok:
- Go to the TikTok app, and click on your Profile at the bottom
- Once you’re in your profile, tap the Menu button at the top
- Then, go into Settings and Privacy
- Tap the Manage Account option
- Tap Verification and follow the steps to submit a request
TikTok takes a variety of factors into account when deciding if an account is granted verification including:
- Account Activity: Accounts that haven’t been logged into within the past 6 months will not be verified
- Authenticity: You must represent the person or brand identified on the account, and there is only one verification given per individual or brand
- Complete Profile: TikTok wants verified accounts to have a fully completed profile including a name, bio, profile picture, and at least one uploaded video
- Secure Account: Your TikTok account must have multi-factor authentication with a verified email address connected to the account