Looking for an opportunity to launch your influencer career? Learn about the Pretty Little Thing Influencer Program and discover if you’re cut out to be the next Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador.
Pretty Little Thing, or PLT, was initially set up as an accessories-only website in 2012 by the brothers Umar and Adam Kamani. Their portfolio soon grew to include more items like womenswear, footwear, and beauty products. Then, in January 2017, the fashion retail giant Boohoo Group Plc (owned by their father, Mahmud Kamani) acquired a 66% stake in the company and bought the remaining shares in 2020. The company’s success hasn’t come without fast-fashion controversy, what with its low prices and “disposable” tag.
In response, Pretty Little Thing has devoted efforts to sustainability, such as launching PLT Marketplace, a PLT-only pre-loved clothing app. Today, PLT retains a strong following from the 16 to 40 year old demographic who espouse the company’s values of body positivity, equality, and self-love. And its growth won’t be letting up anytime soon, with an ever-increasing global presence in major consumer markets like the United States, Canada, and the Middle East.
Who are the Pretty Little Thing influencers, and what do they do?
A huge part of PLT’s success is its collaborations with celebrities and top social media personalities. The roster of Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassadors includes Alabama Barker, Chantel Jeffries, and Teyana Taylor. These influencers promote the PLT brand by communicating the latest trends, products, and exclusive offers on social media platforms like Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok. Let’s take a look at some of the top Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassadors who are killing it in the influencer business.
@looks.byrachel on Instagram
This Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador is a fashion content creator and model from the United Kingdom. Her vibe is sexy yet posh at the same time. She’s passionate about styling PLT OOTDs or posting pics of herself in the hottest PLT looks as she goes around the coolest spots in her home county of Kent.
@antonia.jade on Instagram
Digital creator Antonia Jade hails from London. This plus-size model loves everything beauty and fashion. From nails and jewelry to clothes and shoes, she’s into every “pretty little thing.” If she looks familiar, you might have seen her as one of the featured models on PLT billboards in shopping centers in the U.K. She promotes the PLT brand by including its beauty products in her morning skincare routine, which are often featured in video clips that she posts on Instagram. She also posts monthly PLT dumps.
Annie Marshall is another popular Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador from England. This Ibiza-obsessed babe is all about sun, sand, and sea, as seen in her drool-worthy travel posts. Whether at the beach, poolside, or at some hot social event, you’ll catch her in gorgeous PLT bikinis, bodysuits, and party outfits.
What are the Pretty Little Thing influencer requirements?
Do you have what it takes to become a Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador? You must first have an active blog or website. Then find out if you fit the bill by checking out these to-dos of the Pretty Little Thing Influencer Program.
How to become a Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador
Do you love shopping at Pretty Little Things? Do you love social media? Then being a part of the Pretty Little Thing Influencer Program (or the Pretty Little Thing Ambassador Program) might be right up your alley. Here’s a list of the things you need to do:
1. Click on this link.
2. Fill out the Google application form. When done, tap the “Submit” button on the bottom left of the page.
3. If you’re picked, someone from Pretty Little Things will contact you to give you the complete set of requirements and guidelines.
4. Create buzz and promote the PLT brand to get generous discounts at your chosen store.
@prettylittlething Introducing PLT Marketplace 🛍💕 The buying and selling community allowing you to sell on the clothes you no longer wear or buy & shop for something new to you 🤩 have you downloaded the app yet?! #pltmarketplace ♬ GASLIGHT – INJI
How to become a Pretty Little Thing Affiliate
Earn cash, bonuses, and much more through the PLT Affiliate Program.
1. Sign up as an affiliate on Awin, PLT’s partner network, by choosing the applicable link (based on your country of residence) at the bottom of the page.
2. Next, set up affiliate links.
3. Curate captivating content to drive your followers to the Pretty Little Thing website.
4. Once a PLT sale is validated, you can receive as much as 10% commission each time.
If you’re out to build a name for yourself as a fashion influencer, you may want to apply as a Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador. This can be your stepping stone to even bigger and more lucrative projects. On the other hand, Pretty Little Thing Affiliates receive cash outright from each validated sale and are no less influential than Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassadors.
How to promote Pretty Little Thing products as an influencer and make money
TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube are the top 3 social media platforms where you can post promotional content for Pretty Little Thing, once you become a brand ambassador or an affiliate. You can start with the following strategies:
Marketing with Tik Tok
One of the ways Pretty Little Thing boosts its brand visibility is by leveraging the dominance of TikTok on social media. As a prospective Pretty Little Thing Ambassador, bring your influencer A-game with these crowd-pleasing strategies:
1. Let your sincerity shine through, just like TikToker and Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador_miawooton. She promotes PLT by simply being herself in her popular TikToks of PLT hauls, where she projects BFF vibes. Don’t forget to use PLT hashtags and links to expand your reach and increase your views.
2. Another approach is to create a TikTok “series” which will make fashionistas eagerly anticipate the next “episode.” An example is the #30daysofoutfits gimmick of Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador @robynpridmore, where she shows gorgeous PLT clubbing outfits, adding the relevant links to each product.
@robynpridmore Day 22 giving Christmas vibes 🎄🎁 #30daysofoutfits #christmasoutfit #clubbingoutfit ♬ Beat Goes On – The All Seeing I
3. Post a timely teaser before your PLT events, such as how-to tutorials or PLT dumps. This way, your followers will know about them and look forward to checking them out. Don’t forget to include the appropriate links and discount codes.
Marketing with Instagram
What sets Instagram apart from other platforms is its seamless filters that allow fashion content creators to create an element of timelessness in their photos. Thus, Instagram is the ideal platform for clothing brands that consistently need stunning pictures to showcase their products. Here are some ways Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassadors attract the Instagram-loving fashionista cliques.
1. Be clear about what needs or interests your Instagram posts satisfy. For example, one reason people take to Instagram is to look for helpful OOTD inspos, such as thoughtfully curated luxury outfit ideas and everyday getups. If styling looks is your thing, go for it. Remember to include the correct links and discount codes.
2. Never underestimate the power of relevant hashtags to drive the stylish squad to your profile, just like what @ukbaddestt consistently does. So be diligent in using multiple tags and posting your discount codes and links.
3. Make it personal. The more of your life you share on Instagram, the more people will relate to your “fabulosity.” So, whether you’re hitting it at the club or chilling in your tracks, get up close and personal in PLT apparel. Of course, add the links and discount codes.
Marketing with Youtube
1. Build up a strong following by telling it like it is. This is what bold and bodacious Glitterandlazers subscribes to through her “brutally honest” review posts, where she talks about how PLT clothes make her look and feel. She also offers helpful information that not many Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassadors on YouTube shell out, such as comparing her opinions about PLT clothing (their texture, how they’re made, or how they look) before and after wearing them. All her hauls include links to each product.
2. Sell clothes like your life depended on it. An example is Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador Jordan Lipscombe. In one of her Pretty Little Thing Try On Haul, she describes each product she puts on in painstaking detail for the benefit of all fashionistas. She also shows her mix-and-match efforts, gives her opinion about each PLT outfit’s overall look and feel, and provides product links for everything.
3. New and fresh—that’s what Gen Z-ers look for. So make sure you’ve got first dibs on the latest PLT product releases. Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador Shannon Spalding has got this strategy down pat. She recently dropped the brand new PLT looks for Autumn on her YouTube channel with the relevant product links.
The Pretty Little Thing brand continues to be on a roll as it leverages the power of social media personalities to reach more people and achieve more growth. So hop onto the influencer bandwagon and reap generous discounts and commissions by becoming a Pretty Little Thing Brand Ambassador. Join the Pretty Little Thing Influencer Program today.