Looking to score a TikTok sponsorship? Read up to find different Easy Ways To Get Sponsored On TikTok and make money on the platform.
From 2019 to 2021, users of TikTok, a short form video hosting and sharing service, more than doubled to 655.9 million. This number is expected to increase to 1 billion users by 2025. Thus, it is no surprise that many businesses are tapping into the advertising influence of the fast-growing TikTok platform.
This, of course, presents a world of opportunities for you as an influencer, regardless of whether it’s your first foray as a digital creator or you’re already active on YouTube, Instagram, or other social media apps. In this post, we’ll help you get started by sharing five simple yet effective ways to get sponsored on TikTok so you could earn money through the platform.
What is a TikTok sponsorship?
Being sponsored means being supported. In the social media sphere, this means that a brand “supports” or pays you (through something of value like monetary compensation) to work with them and promote their products or services.
Who Can Get Sponsored On TikTok?
Before you can score a TikTok sponsorship, you’ll need to find out who can get sponsored. Here’s a quick rundown of pointers so you can check if you’re it:
- You can make high-quality, captivating content that’s also entertaining for other TikTok users.
- You leverage fitting hashtags, tags, and trending TikTok memes to effectively increase your brand’s exposure.
- You’re creative and tech-savvy and able to work catchy and unique edits into and around your content.
- You can share your content on Instagram stories to enhance your connection with your audience and promote your brand (without worrying about being “out there” like any public figure or celebrity). This will help businesses and companies notice you.
- You don’t wait to get noticed. You’re brave and confident enough to directly get in touch with the brands you want to work with to check for a possible sponsorship deal.
- You have a substantial follower base on YouTube, Instagram, and other social media platforms where you can advertise your TikTok account.
- You’re keen on putting in the hard work and time to boost your number of followers, so businesses will want to line up to get your services.
5 Easy Ways To Get Sponsored On TikTok
If you’re ready to get into the TikTok action, here are five super doable ways to bag a TikTok sponsorship:
1. Collaborate with co-TikTok users.
Working with other content creators to produce something unique or beautiful can deliver amazing results, and this can capture the attention of advertisers. Each creative individual can add something fresh and authentic to the table. At the same time, they can also help each other out by boosting the exposure of the others while promoting their own brands. The spontaneous interaction among the creators can also be fun and exciting, offering a different kind of value than what a solo TikToker can provide.
2. Get brands to notice you and offer TikTok sponsorships.
To do this, you need to strategize. Set up your account so it looks professional or is aligned with your personal brand. Make sure you have a good profile picture and a witty bio. Include your business contact email so prospective brand partners can quickly contact you. Post your TikTok video and call out or tag the brands you want to work with. Be patient as this may take time. Of course, it helps to have at least 10k followers, so you’ll come off as a bonafide influencer. You’ll also need to keep your content relevant and engaging (also to maintain your follower base!).
3. Post consistently.
It’s one thing to produce top-notch content and another to keep a consistent posting schedule. Social media is highly dynamic, and it can be super easy to get left behind. For you to get noticed or stay within the relevant influencer radar of companies, you’ll need to be regularly active. This way, there will be more chances that your content will be seen. Remember: visibility is critical to stay memorable in the minds of your followers and potential brand partners.
4. Invest in buyouts.
Buyouts involve paying another TikToker to make videos about you or share information about your brand on their social media accounts. Because this can sometimes come across as “forced,” the challenge is being creative enough to produce earnest content, even if it is a paid post. For example, suppose the TikTok account you chose to help increase exposure for your brand already has a significant following or affiliate links. In that case, this may get you critical views from would-be brand partners.
5. Take advantage of Smash posts.
How about getting your users and friends to draw the attention of brands and businesses to yourself? Then use Smash posts, which are viral posts that spur your community members to a specific action, like hitting the like button or tagging others. Make it fun by creating striking visuals. Some examples of content that can easily go viral are personality quizzes, motivational posts, and how-tos. You can even team up with other TikTokers to amp up the fascination factor.
How to find TikTok sponsorships?
Find out how to get sponsored on TikTok with these key pointers:
1. Grow your TikTok followers.
- Start by selecting a niche that you’re passionate about.
- Do the necessary research to find out what kind of content sells and how to present it.
- Join an active and mutually supportive network of TikTok influencers.
- Be yourself and interject your personality into your videos.
- Connect consistently with your fans.
- Use visibility techniques like hashtags.
- Be on the lookout for industry trends.
2. Leverage your presence on multiple social media platforms.
The higher your visibility is on other social media apps, the better your chances of getting noticed by brands. You can also use your other social media accounts to establish your credibility and direct your followers to your TikTok.
3. Be part of the TikTok Creator Marketplace.
The TikTok Creator Marketplace is the app’s official collaboration platform that connects brands and creators. It allows creators to work with brands on both paid and reward-based campaigns. This opens up a lot of sponsorship opportunities for you. To join, you’ll first need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You have set up a TikTok Pro Account
- You have at least 10,000 followers
- You have had a minimum of 100,000 likes in the past 30 days
- You’re at least 18 years of age
- You follow the TikTok Community Guidelines and terms of service
If everything in the list checks out, you can go ahead and send your application, which Tiktok will review. You’ll then receive a notification if you made it. Even if you don’t pass, you can always reapply after 30 days.
What TikTok influencers need to bag sponsorships
For digital influencers to get sponsored on TikTok, they’ll need to work on building their brand and honing their skills. Here are some of the important things you need to do to get noticed.
1. Curate a unique brand.
Your brand should embody everything about you一your personality, beliefs, and values. A clear definition of who you are can help companies determine if you are suitable to represent their brand.
2. Be social media savvy.
Being an influencer isn’t just about posting quality content. Apply due diligence by finding out how to work TikTok’s algorithm. Create noise for your brand by availing of all the presence-amplifying techniques, such as captions, locations, and hashtags. Through TikTok analytics, you can measure yourself against key TikTok performance stats like Top Posts, Follower Count, and engagement rates.
3. Be consistent
Consistency is key to building your presence on TikTok一or any other social media platform, for that matter. Create a content calendar to establish a consistent post schedule. Posting at least once a day helps you gain visibility, expand your reach, and grow your audience.
4. Engage with your followers
Be creative and find ways to interact with your audience. Apart from responding to comments on your videos, you can explore TikTok’s features and other video types like duets, which allows you or your followers to respond or follow along with each other’s original videos. Engaging with your audience will help you grow your following and will eventually get you noticed by brands who are looking to sponsor the perfect influencers to promote their products or services.
How much do Tiktokers get paid for sponsorships?
TikTok users are typically paid around $0.01 to $0.02 for every sponsored post. However, mega TikTokers with millions of followers are offered much more. For instance, popular thrift-flipper TikToker Symphony Clarke charges anywhere from $350 to $600 each time she posts sponsored content. Others with millions of followers, on the other hand, like Deanna Giuletti, earn as much as $500k from working with brands.
@thethriftguru Styling my spring essentials from @footlockerwomen. #FootLockerWomen #BecauseSneakers #sponsored ♬ original sound – TheThriftGuru
@deannagiulietti Can you believe this was TWO YEARS AGO #mindblown ♬ original sound – Deanna Giulietti
If you’re serious about reaching TikTok superstardom, making a career out of it, or simply making a good buck, a TikTok sponsorship is critical. Invest your time and talent, and buckle down for the challenging but rewarding work ahead, and you’ll be well on your way to getting sponsored on TikTok.