If you are a pet lover with a significant following on at least one social media platform, you may want to check out pet-related affiliate programs to help bring in another stream of income.
The Chewy Affiliate Program is one of the most popular pet-related affiliate programs, and it’s a great opportunity for pet-related influencers and content creators to earn more money and grow their social media presence. As a Chewy affiliate, you’ll be able to promote the products you already love and make a small commission from each purchase driven by your affiliate link.
Let’s talk more about what the Chewy Affiliate Program entails, some of the benefits you can receive as an affiliate, and how to apply to join the program!
What the Chewy Affiliate Program Entails
The Chewy Affiliate Program works with Partnerize to run its affiliate program, and it’s free and easy to apply. Affiliates in the Chewy Affiliate Program are able to promote Chewy’s wide selection of pet-related products, and when a customer buys a product from Chewy through the affiliate link, you’ll earn a commission from that sale.
Benefits of Being a Chewy Affiliate
As an affiliate, you’ll gain access to exclusive benefits and perks. Some of the benefits of being a Chewy affiliate include:
- Earn a 4% commission from each purchase you drive with your affiliate link (applicable to both new and existing Chewy customer orders)
- Access 1:1 support with Chewy’s affiliate team to help you be successful as an affiliate
- Ability to promote products from over 2,000 pet-related brands
- Regular newsletters with information about Chewy insights, trends, and opportunities
- Access to full affiliate dashboard through Partnerize
Who Is a Good Candidate for Being a Chewy Affiliate
Being a Chewy affiliate seems easy enough, but there are some factors that can predict your success as an affiliate. Here are some of the qualities of a good candidate for being a Chewy affiliate:
- Have a large and loyal following on at least one social media platform
- Have an engaging social media presence
- Have a basic understanding of social media marketing strategies
- Ability to post on a frequent and consistent schedule
- Have a genuine interest in pet-related products
Requirements for Being a Chewy Affiliate
Chewy doesn’t have many specific requirements for being accepted as an affiliate except that applications must be at least 18 years of age.
Other than that, the Chewy affiliate team handles applications on a case-by-case basis to determine which candidates can best represent and promote Chewy’s products. The Chewy affiliate team will look at your website or social media platform to determine if it meets their quality standards.
How You Can Join the Chewy Affiliate Program
The application process for becoming a Chewy affiliate is fairly easy and user-friendly, and it doesn’t take too long to complete. Follow these steps to sign up for the Chewy Affiliate Program:
- Fill out the online form on Chewy’s affiliate web page
- Create an account with Partnerize and fill out all the required information
- Connect your most successful social media account that you’ll be promoting products on to your application
- Hit submit and wait for Chewy to review your application
- Chewy will notify you via email if you’ve been accepted
- Once accepted, they will provide you with instructions on moving forward as an affiliate
Chewy typically responds back to applicants within three to four business days, however, it could take up to a week.
What Products You Can Promote With Chewy
Initially opening in 2011, Chewy has remained one of the most popular online pet supplies stores for pet owners everywhere. Since Chewy is already a household name, it’s easier to sell its products to your audience because they already trust the brand.
Chewy houses over 2,000 pet-related brands, so it’s no secret that there is a plethora of products available to promote. Here are some types of products you’re able to promote with Chewy:
- Pet food and treats
- Pet toys
- Pet supplements
- Litter boxes
- Tanks and aquariums
- Grooming products
- Potty pads
- Flea and tick prevention products
- Leashes, collars, and harnesses
- Food/water bowls and feeders
- Bird cages
- Pet-related educational books
Affiliate Dashboard and Marketing Materials
All Chewy affiliates will have a customized affiliate dashboard that is powered by Partnerize. In your affiliate dashboard, Partnerize will generate your special affiliate links that you can promote and start earning commissions from. You are also able to track your earnings from each of your affiliate links through your dashboard.
Additionally, there is a wide selection of different marketing and promotional materials in your dashboard that can help you better promote Chewy’s products to your audience. For example, Chewy provides affiliates with different banners, graphics, and guides with the official Chewy logo to help build a level of trust between the affiliate and their audience.
By taking advantage of these marketing materials, you may be able to drive more sales through your affiliate links and earn more money.
How Much Chewy Affiliates Get Paid
As a Chewy affiliate, you will earn a 4% commission from every sale that was made from clicking on your affiliate link within the 15-day cookie window. Additionally, affiliates will earn $15 for every new customer that signs up with Chewy.
In order to receive payment from Chewy, your account must reach a threshold of at least $50. Once you’ve made at least $50, you are able to receive payment via paper check or direct deposit.