Discover an opportunity to kick off your influencer career through the Boohoo influencer program. Find out what it takes to be a Boohoo influencer and what you can get out of it.
Today, the digital retail giant, which targets the 16-28 year old demographic, is on a journey to a more sustainable future. It launched its campaign to reduce the impact of fast fashion, aiming to educate and inspire change to reduce the impact of fashion on the environment.
Over time, it has acquired an impressive portfolio, including big clothing names like Oasis Stores, Warehouse, and Debenhams and has expanded into Asia. These have boosted its own 36k-product-strong fashion brand.
Who are the Boohoo influencers, and what do they do?
The global fashion retailer taps the influence and popularity of its Boohoo Brand Ambassadors to strengthen its visibility and boost sales online. These influencers create Boohoo branded content, such as fashion photos, product reviews, how-tos, and a lot more. They then post these curated pics and haul videos on stories, reels, and blog posts on their social media accounts. These include the most popular platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube.
Let’s take a look at the Boohoo Brand Ambassadors who are raking it in views and dollars.
1. lux_island on Instagram
@lux_island is a fashion blogger from Wiltshire in the United Kingdom. Her big smile and personality shine through her posts, which focus on fashion, fun, and body positivity. This funny fashionista models clothes for Boohoo and does hauls every Thursday at 8 pm.
2. chloe_howee on Instagram
@chloe_howee is an uber chic fashion stylist who hails from London. She’s passionate about health and beauty and loves traveling to beautiful, exotic countries like Spain and Portugal. She promotes Boohoo on her social media accounts through haul vidoes and, of course, stylized fashion pictorials.
3. @ellanarobinson on Instagram
@ellanarobinsons is a personal blogger from West Sussex, also in the United Kingdom. This content creator exudes a sensual vibe in all her posts, whether she’s wearing midi dresses, swimsuits, or tracksuits. She does paid partnerships and promotes the brand through photos of her in Boohoo clothing.
What are the Boohoo Influencer Program requirements?
There are different ways to become a Bohoo influencer一you can either be a student brand ambassador or an affiliate.
As a student ambassador, you can enjoy exclusive trips and events at the Boohoo HQ with other ambassadors, receive boohoo goodies and treats throughout the year, and get access to killer outfits 24/7.
If you’re an affiliate, on the other hand, the brand will pay you commission on validated sales (excluding delivery charges and VAT) that you drive to the Boohoo site. Plus you get exciting opportunities with Boohoo’s blogger shop and VIP scheme. The most engaged affiliates even get increased commissions.
Here are the requirements to becoming a Boohoo influencer:
How to become a Boohoo student brand ambassador
1. Have your own active blog or website.
2. Email [email protected] and let the brand know how you can juice up the Boohoo girl squad. Don’t forget to include a link to your social media account. It wouldn’t hurt to choose the one that has the most number of followers.
How to become a Boohoo affiliate
1. Make sure you already have a running blog or website.
2. Register here.
3. Wait for your application to be approved by the DCMnetwork publisher team.
4. If you get in, you can log onto the dashboard and check out the offers and commissions.
How to promote Boohoo as an influencer and make money
As a Boohoo influencer, your job is to promote the brand’s products and drive relevant traffic to the Boohoo.com website and drive sales through your authorized affiliate link. Most of these happen on social media and you can start off with these creative marketing ideas.
Marketing with Tik Tok
Tiktok is designed for the younger generations who have shorter attention spans. You only have 15 to 60 seconds to draw their interest and capture their imagination. Here are a few effective tricks you can try:
1. Keep it real by showing cool fail videos. Include your promo discount code in the caption.
2. A good joke is always a winner. Tickle their funny bone with pranks, such as the #TheBoohooMannequin prank, while highlighting things connected to Boohoo (such as their shop and products). Don’t forget to add the relevant hashtags.
3. Styling hauls always work on any platform, including TikTok. This will work great for those who want to dress up fashionably but don’t have the time to “research.” Make sure to use funky or tight music to draw in the Millenial and Gen Z crowds.
Marketing with Instagram
Instagram may be one of the more popular social media platforms because of its easy user interface and exciting filters. On top of those, its features, such as Stories and Reels, are highly engaging. Make the most of Instagram with these cool Instagram-able ideas:
1. Highlight a cool Boohoo outfit and pose with a contrasting backdrop of everyday life. A cheeky example is the post of @outfitsyr showing her in a black body suit in the middle of a busy shopping area in Japan.
2. Make your creatives not just visually appealing but also helpful through ensemble posts, such as @styledby.rhi’s daily outfit inspirations.
3. Grab attention like @_1410.o with stunning travel photos while wearing Boohoo outfits (but of course!). Remember to post as many relevant hashtags as you can.
Marketing with Youtube
You can say that YouTube trumps all other socmed platforms in its simplicity and straightforwardness. Its reach has grown exponentially, with over 2.6 billion using the platform as of June 2022. Optimize your opportunities on YouTube with these smart strategies:
1. The first few seconds of your fashion video will tell users if a certain piece is a “nay” or a “yay.” Take time to create cool intros and upbeat music to capture their attention from the get-go.
2. Tell it like it is. Click baits can turn off a lot of people. Instead, use creative yet truthful titles that can immediately give your audience a pretty good idea of what the video is all about. Examples are “Glow Up With Me: Hair, Filler, Botox, Nails” and “Size 0 vs. Size 6 – Try on the Same Outfits from Pretty Little Thing.”
3. Keep it fresh. No one wants to check out a year-old haul reco video unless they plan to attend a retro party. So, stay up to date with the latest trends, and post consistently.
Joining the Boohoo Influencer Program or becoming a Boohoo Brand Ambassador won’t just stimulate your creative juices. In addition, it can provide lucrative financial opportunities plus a dynamic influencer career. Best of all, the process is quite easy. If you already have an active blog or your own website, then all you have to do is reach out to them (through the short list of steps we’ve provided) to start the application process.