With TikTok being one of the most popular video-sharing platforms, it’s no surprise that there are ways around watermarks. If you’re looking for an easy way to remove these pesky symbols from your videos, we got just what will help!
What is a TikTok watermark?
Before explaining how to remove TikTok watermarks, let’s talk about what a watermark is in general and what purpose it has. Watermarks are designed to stop the unauthorized distribution of content. A watermark can be anything from logos, text, or patterns intentionally placed onto videos, images, and other digital media.
Nowadays, companies and websites often use a watermark on their content to make sure that people recognize where it is coming from.
The video-sharing app TikTok as well uses watermarks for that purpose, making it easy to know who created a given piece of content by flashing their logo and account name across videos downloaded from the platform.
How to remove TikTok watermark from video online
There are a few different methods, apps, and websites to remove TikTok watermark from your video. However, if you want to download a TikTok video directly without the watermark on it, there are various online tools that can help you with that. One of those tools is the web downloader called Musically Download. The website will allow you to remove Tiktok watermark in the most straightforward way without any editing knowledge required. You can access it from your phone as well as your PC, where you can download the video in only a few easy steps:
- Open TikTok and go to the video which you want to save
- Once you find the video, just click on the share button, which can be found in the bottom right corner of the video
- Copy the video link
- Go to the MusicalDown website
- Now you can paste the link that you copied from TikTok and tap download
Once the video has finished downloading, look for it in the folder where you saved it, or if you’re using a phone, you can find it in the Files app.
How to remove TikTok watermark on Android and iOS?
If you’ve already saved your video and wish to get rid of the watermark, things might be a little more tricky. However, there are still many options available. We’ll show you how to remove the watermark from TikTok videos on Android and iOS devices since the app is most popular on mobile phones. The most accessible approach to get rid of a watermark from a TikTok video is to crop it. Here’s how to remove TikTok watermarks by cropping on Android and iOS smartphones:
- Open the Photos app from your phone and go to the video where you want to remove the TikTok watermark.
- Tap edit.
- Click on the Crop icon. Then, to remove the TikTok watermark, adjust the size of that box as desired.
- Click Done after you’ve finished cropping the video to save it.
- Find and open the saved video from your photos.
- Click Edit and select the Cropping option.
- Now you can adjust the sliders so that the watermark will be left outside of the crop box. You can also choose one of the standard sizes like 16:9, 4:3, or 3:2 and crop the video according to that.
- When you are satisfied with the result, you now only need to save the video.
How to remove TikTok watermark with Kapwing
While cropping the video is an easy solution, it also comes with a major disadvantage. Cropping to remove a watermark might also remove significant portions of the video. As a result, you may want to try using video editing hacks to get rid of the watermark from your TikTok video. For that, you can use the editing tool Kapwing to make the necessary adjustments to the video.
Here are some ways you can use Kapwing to remove or hide a watermark from a TikTok video:
Covering it with your own watermark
This method might not remove TikTok watermark completely, however, if you are not very familiar with video editing tools this might be a good alternative.
- Download the TikTok clip and go to Kapwing Studio. To get started, choose “Start editing” from the Kapwing Studio interface, then upload the TikTok into the Studio editor. You may also use the Studio’s editor to import TikTok videos directly by pasting the share link into it.
- To add a custom watermark, use the text button in the main toolbar.
- Select “Edit text” to select your preferred font, color, and style choices before typing the text with which you want to cover the TikTok watermark.
- Choose a background color to make sure that the entire text box covers over the TikTok watermark.
- You can also add an image over the watermark by adding a picture overlay or looking for a logo online. To find the PNG you want to conceal the watermark with, go to the “Images” tab and search for your desired image or logo.
- Select the text and click Edit text.
- Click Duplicate. Then, move the second text layer to the correct place.
- You may customize the watermark so that it moves with the TikTok logo’s animation. Simply go to Timeline and change when the watermark you created appears in the video.
- Click the publish button to render the video. You may download the video after it has finished processing.
Removing the watermark by replacing parts of the video
This method can be a little tricky and require more advanced editing skills, however, it will allow you to completely remove TikTok watermark.
Since the TikTok watermark is moving, you may use a frame of the video before the watermark appears and overlay it over the watermark to hide it seamlessly.
- Upload the video to Kapwing.
- Create two more duplicates of the video layer.
- Crop two of the layers according to the size and position of the watermarked portion of the corner, then overlay those corners on top of the original video.
- For each of the shorter video overlays, go to the “Edit Video” layer and click “Trim.” Set the start and finish times so that only a portion of the video with no watermark remains.
- Choose the “loop” option from the timeline on the shorter layers. This ensures that the non-watermarked portion of the video will repeatedly play over the watermark.
- Click “Mute” on the overlay videos to avoid cycling sound.
- Finally, render the video and download it.
TikTok videos can be a great way to share your creativity, but the watermark on every one of them is an eyesore. Luckily there’s plenty you can do about it, and it doesn’t need to stand in your way of creating the content you need. As we showed there are a variety of methods to get rid of this inconvenience. Whether you want to remove the TikTok watermark from the start while downloading or from an already downloaded video. You may use software to complete the task for you, or if you have adequate expertise, you can use video editing to get the results you want. There are several options available for whichever device you’re using.