One of TikTok’s most prevalent features is its expansive range of quirky filters. These effects can enhance your facial features, can add details to your video, and can even be used to highlight other content that you wish to showcase. The platform recently released its new Effect House, an additional platform that allows influencers to create and build their own filters, using a range of intuitive software. In order to find out more, Netinfluencer has everything you need to know about Effect House on TikTok.
What are TikTok Filters?
Filters have been a consistent element on social media, with the feature pioneering on platforms such as Snapchat and Instagram. These filters allow creators to edit their content and enhance the way the content appears to the viewer.
TikTok video effects are usually separated into two categories: Filters and Effects. The former refers to how the video will be presented on screen. As such, the Filters section includes Portrait, Landscape, and Vibe, all of which can add a more attractive element to your TikTok videos. The Effects section offers a more diverse range of editing features and games for influencers to try. For example, this can refer to the Green Screen filter, which places a still image or video behind the creator, helping them to import content alongside the footage they are already recording.
How to access TikTok Filters
The wide range of TikTok filters can be discovered when you begin to record and edit a video, otherwise known as Create mode. Described below are a few simple steps to teach you how to implement a TikTok filter into your videos.
- Open the TikTok app and select the + icon at the bottom of the screen. This will direct you to the Create mode.
- Tap the Filters icon on the right-hand side. This is signified by three overlapping circles.
- Next, a pop-up menu will appear, showing the range of TikTok filters available.
- Tap the filter you want to use. The effect should then appear on the screen.
- Record your video as normal and press stop when you have finished.
What is Effect House?
After taking the world of social media by storm, TikTok is now allowing influencers to build and modify their own TikTok effects. Effect House is a subdivision of TikTok that aims to encourage users to share their own unique effects with other creators, building a stronger community within the platform. Effect House was in a closed Beta stage for many months and was finally released to all creators in April 2022.
The platform allows creators to experiment with an abundance of intuitive designs, using state-of-the-art AR technology to build a range of highly realistic filters and effects. Currently, Effect House has released a set of guidelines to help influencers use this platform with ease. The guidelines explore how to use face tracking, implement lighting techniques, and upload your own AR avatar character. There are even online tutorials to give influencers a more in-depth guide on how to use these features to the best of their abilities.
It should be mentioned that, like TikTok, Effect House follows a series of strict rules and regulations to ensure that all of the filters that are produced and released are appropriate and up to standard. Thus, once you submit a filter, it will be reviewed alongside TikTok’s Community Guidelines to ensure it is suitable for public use. Also, Effect House is currently only accessible through iOS, meaning it can only be used on an iPhone.
How to create and upload your own filters using Effect House
Effect House has been praised for its straightforward interface, allowing influencers to either build their own filter from scratch or work alongside a variety of templates. Explained below is a simple guide to help influencers upload a simple AR filter.
- Sign in to the Creator Portal and click the Create Project button on the left-hand side.
- You will then be directed to the main creator suite. Here, you will find the Hierarchy panel at the top left. This is used to add layers and objects into your filter. Below is the Assets panel, which hosts all of your imported objects and images.
- After importing your desired image, you can manipulate the features in the 3D workspace. Thus, this is where you can begin to edit your original image or object.
- Once you are happy with how the filter looks, you can view it in more detail through the Preview panel. This allows you to see how the filter reacts to movement in the face or body.
- On the far-right, you will find the Inspector Panel. This allows you to see all of the components of your filter and control each aspect more specifically.
- When you feel that your filter is complete, press the Restart button. From here, you can download a QR code that allows you to test the filter within the TikTok app. Then, press Submit and follow the simple instructions to send your filter off for approval. It should be noted that the approval process can take a few days.
Benefits of creating your own filters in Effect House
Effect House has undoubtedly given a wide collection of influencers more creative control over their own content. Due to this impressive development within the platform, influencers can now create specific filters to better engage with their audiences. This can lead to more revenue through the TikTok Creator Fund but can also open up a plethora of other opportunities for an influencer.
Using complex design features, such as the ones seen in Effect House, can also help influencers to expand their creative portfolios, particularly with regard to transferable skills. By being able to navigate around new platforms and build a variety of 3D effects, many influencers are able to show their expertise in other areas. As a result, this can help influencers become more self-sufficient in their upcoming creative endeavors.
Effect House also offers more capabilities for branded content, helping influencers to better collaborate in paid partnerships. Branded Effects are specific effects that can be purchased by companies to better promote their content. In turn, these filters can be used by certain influencers in order to attract more attention to a brand’s advertising campaign. These filters can also be used alongside branded hashtags and landing page ads, to create an entire marketing campaign in just one platform.
TikTok filters are a popular aspect of the app for influencers, allowing them to add an entertaining layer of nuance to each of their videos. As Effect House continues to show signs of great success, even in its Beta phase, a new element of creativity awaits many influencers. To discover more about how TikTok can be used to boost your next marketing campaign, visit our website.