What is the TikTok Creator Fund?
TikTok created the TikTok Creator Fund to reward creators monetarily for making fantastic TikTok videos. The funds that creators earn are based on views, the number of videos published, and other unnamed factors. TikTok earnings are dynamic, so creators can expect the amount of money earned to change based on the day, video, and more.
One of the best parts about the TikTok Creator Fund is that there is currently no cap on earnings or limit to how many creators can join the TikTok Creator Fund. As long as you meet the eligibility guidelines, it’s fair game to earn money through your TikTok creations.
What are the benefits of joining the TikTok Creator Fund?
There are many benefits to joining the TikTok Creator Fund, including:
- Being rewarded monetarily for creating content that you love on TikTok
- Bigger opportunity to become a full-time Tik Tok creator (or adding another stream of income in addition to your other social media platforms, affiliate marketing, etc.)
- Possible endorsements and sponsorships, such as Josh Richards and his HouseParty and Reebok deals
- The possibility to be featured on TikTok’s Creator Marketplace page (more brand visibility)
TikTok Creator Fund is not without its faults, though. Many criticize the TikTok Creator Fund for having a lack of transparency with how creators earn money through their views. Unlike YouTube, TikTok does not share a clear revenue model with creators, and you can’t see a detailed breakdown of your revenue like you can on YouTube’s Creator Studio.
It’s also important to note that some creators have noticed diminishing views since signing up for TikTok Creator Fund. However, TikTok denies these allegations having anything to do with being monetized.
To be eligible for monetization, TikTok videos must meet community guidelines. However, TikTok creators are also not aware of what community guidelines they violated, which can make sudden video takedowns confusing as they are left uninformed about how they violated TikTok policies.
Overall, the monetary benefits and brand visibility that joining the TikTok Creator Fund can lead to is typically worth it for most creators and brands. We’re excited to see how the TikTok Creator Fund continues to adapt over the years and pivot its rules, guidelines, and revenue model.
How much does TikTok Creator Fund pay?
According to Tik Tok, there is no limit on how much a creator can make, nor is there a limit on the number of funds released daily. Currently, it’s believed that TikTok creators are paid around two to four cents per thousand views on TikTok. However, there is no set number, and TikTok has complete control over how they monetize creators.
How much is TikTok Creator Fund?
Tik Tok began the Creator Fund by announcing that they’ve committed 231 million dollars to their Creator Fund over the next three years. Since then, TikTok has posted that they expect this fund to grow to over $1 billion in the next three years and more than double globally.
How to join creator fund on TikTok
If you have an active TikTok account, you may be wondering how to get into the TikTok creator fund. First, you must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Creator must be 18 years of age or older
- Be a legal resident of one of the 50 states, District of Columbia, or the territories of the United States (or be a creator in the UK, Germany, Italy, France, or Spain)
- Have at least 10,000 authentic TikTok followers
- Have at least 100,000 authentic video views within the last 30 days
- Post original videos that follow TikTok community guidelines
If you believe you meet these criteria, you can apply within the TikTok app. Simply open your account settings, click “Creator Tools,” then click “TikTok Creator Fund” to apply for creator fund TikTok.
After you’re accepted, you will see funds you make on your Creator Fund Dashboard. You can withdraw funds to your Paypal or Zelle account after the month ends in which the funds were earned ($10 minimum).