HOW DO CREATORS MAKE MONEY?
Update: CreatorScape 2020 is on Influence.co
Let’s count the ways
What does the landscape look like for a creator who wants to monetize? Seriously how many options, biz models and companies do they have to understand to make some serious cash?
It turns out there’s over 600 companies that can help creators monetize.
The 2019 edition of CreatorScape lists 639 businesses that run the Creator Economy.
- Gumroad – Sell music, comics, software, books, and films
- Shopify – Set up a storefront online.
- iTunes – Sell Music.
- EyeEm – Sell photos and videos.
- Simple Goods – Create an easy to use button to sell downloadable files
- Sellfy – Create a storefront on your website
- Filtergrade – Sell lightroom presets
- Amazon Publishing – Sell books.
- SendOwl – Sell a product on your blog with a link.
- YouTube – Partner Program for video creators
- Snapchat – Snapchat Discover shows pay per ad impression
- Facebook for Creators – For video creators on Facebook
- dailymotion – Enable Monetization For video creators
- Medium – For writers
- Twitch – for livestreamers
- Apple Music – In 2017, the service paid $0.0064 per stream
- Twitter Video – In-Stream Video Ads for publishers
- Superbam – Content rights management for creators
- Soundcloud – SoundCloud Premier: its monetization and development program for creators
- Spotify – Spotify pays about $0.006 to $0.0084 per stream
- Anchor – Get paid to podcast
- Teespring – Make Shirts
- DFTBA – by Hank Green, for Creators.
- Merch by Amazon – create a product page on Amazon
- Fanjoy – Limited edition merchandise experiences from your favorite people like Casey Neistat and David Dobrik.
- Cafe Press – Custom t-shirts, stickers, posters, coffee mugs and more.
- Redbubble – Creatives worldwide making things like shirts, stickers, phone cases, and pillows
- Chatbooks – Create books from your Instagram account.
- inkfi – Order Instagram prints online
- Ebay – Sell anything.
- Spreadshirt – On demand custom t-shirts
- Amazon Influencers – Get your own page on Amazon with a vanity URL
- Avangate Affiliate Network – 22,000+ software products you can link to.
- Rakuten Marketing – Partner with brands and earn commissions directly from your site.
- ShareASale – Find products to promote. Earn a commission for referrals.
- Clickbank – Online marketplace contains thousands of products to choose from
- CJ Affiliate – Work with quality brands, introduce your audience to relevant products and services
- Shopstyle Collective – Verticals primarily are: Fashion, Beauty, Home, and Consumer Packaged Goods.
- MagicLinks – Access to over 3,000 retailers
- SkimLink – Pick from 27,000 merchants
- VigLink – Monetizes ordinary links to over 30,000 retailers
- Patreon – Crowdfunding membership platform
- Substack – Start an email newsletter that makes money from subscriptions.
- Twitch – Twitch channel subscription
- BuyMeACoffee – Beyond donations, creators can Enable monthly support.
- LiberaPay – A recurrent donations platform.
- Facebook for Creators – FB groups can charge a fee.
- Ratafire – A patronage platform for Artists and Researchers
- Drip – Monthly memberships from Kickstarter
- YouTube Gaming – $4.99/mo channel memberships users buy to access exclusive content.
- Chargebee – Subscription management software.
- Minds – Get paid in crypto for your contributions to the community.
- SubscribeStar – Independent Membership Platform
- Steady – Offer readers, viewers or listeners a membership for your publication
- Podia – Sell online courses, memberships, and digital downloads.
- CAA (Creative Artists Agency) – American talent and sports agency based in Los Angeles, California
- DBA (Digital Brand Architects) – The first and most pioneering social influencer talent management agency
- IMG Talent – Global leader in sports, events, media and fashion
- WME (William Morris Endeavor) – Talent agency representing artists across all media platforms, specifically movies, television, music, theatre, digital and publishing
- UTA (United Talent Agency) – Talent and literary agency representing actors, writers, directors, producers, recording artists and more
- The Gersh Agency – Talent and literary agency based in Beverly Hills, California and New York City
- ICM (International Creative Management) – Representation of artists, content creators, authors, artisans and journalists
- APA (Agency for the Performing Arts) – One of the largest diversified talent agencies in Los Angeles with headquarters in Beverly Hills, New York, Nashville and London
- Abrams Artists Agency – Leading talent and literary agency fostering the careers of prominent actors, writers, and digital influencers
- CK (CK Talent Management) – Represents Models, Actors, Coaches, Recording Artists, Social Media Personalities and Pro and Semi-Pro Athletes and Adult Film Actors
- Paradigm Talent Agency – Provides global representation to a diverse and dynamic roster of artists and content creators in television, live music, motion pictures, theatre, digital, book publishing, content finance, and brand partnerships.
- Wasserman Media Group – Sports marketing and talent management company based in Los Angeles
- Buchwald & Associates, Inc. – Offers representation in every area of the entertainment industry
- Coursecraft – Provides everything you need to build superbly designed self-paced online courses
- Thinkific – The all-in-one platform to help you easily create, market, and sell your own online courses
- Teachable – Create and sell beautiful online courses
- Skillshare – Learning platform with online classes taught by the world’s best practitioners
- Highbrow – Helps you learn something new every day with 5-minute lessons delivered to your inbox every morning
- Udemy – Online learning platform aimed at professional adults
- WizIQ – Cloud-based education platform
- Kajabi – All-in-one platform that makes it easy to create online courses, launch marketing campaigns, build landing pages, and design the perfect website
- Eliademy – Free online classroom that allows educators and students to create, share and manage online courses with real-time discussions
- Caters News Agency – An international supplier of visual content
- Storyful – Social media intelligence agency that sources and verifies insights for media, communications and brand partners by analyzing digital content
- The QYOU – Media company powered by the world’s top influencers specializing in networks, original shows & formats, and influencer marketing
- Vimeo Stock – Partnering with world-class creators to curate exclusive footage
- ViralHog – Resource for trending video
- Foap – Help brands scale their visual content efforts with a diverse community of 3 million photographers & videographers from all over the world to increase the RO
- Rumblefish – One stop shop digital rights management for creators and distributors of music
- Starsona – Get personalized videos from the Stars
- Cameo – Book personalized video shoutouts from your favorite people
- Jukin Media – Maximizes the value of video by working with premiere brands, publishers, and media companies throughout the world
- Social Bluebook – Offers social media influencers software tools that empower, educate, and protect them when working on branded content with advertisers
- HypeAuditor – Analyze any Instagram account in-depth for fake followers and engagements
- Social Junction – Allows brands, agencies, MCNs, agents, managers and influencers to effortlessly work together from one platform
- Scrunch – Reach your ideal consumer with data-driven audience insights and a powerful technology platform
- Hypr – World’s largest and smartest Influencer search and discovery directory that provides real-time analytics for social Influencers across major social platforms
- Tagger – Influencer Marketing built for Unlimited Relationships, Searches & Seats
- Brandwatch – World’s leading social intelligence company
- Influicity – The leading platform for influencer analytics, search, campaigns, media buying, and reporting
- Mention – Real time monitoring about your brand from the web and social media
- Traackr – Provides one system-of-record for influencer discovery, management and analytics
- OpenInfluence – Global influencer marketing solution focused on generating value for brands across all the major social media platforms
- Socialblade – Help you track YouTube Channel Statistics, Twitch User Stats, Instagram Stats and more
- Julius – xx check with icon
- InfluencerDB – Discover, Manage and Measure Your Influencer Marketing Programs with the Influencer Marketing Cloud
- CloutHQ – A curated influencer database that streamlines outreach
- Audiense – Identify relevant audiences, discover amazing actionable insights and inform your strategies to grow your business.
- Pitchbox – Influencer Outreach & Content Marketing Platform for Brands, SEO Agencies and Growth Hackers
- CreatorIQ – Master the volume and complexity of your storytelling ecosystem to make your most valuable impression
- Klear – Social media analytics and intelligence platform that provides social data services for brands, agencies and enterprises
- Tubular – World-leader in social video analytics and sponsored video intelligence to help you grow and monetize your business
- Ninja Outreach – Software that streamlines your influencer marketing and lead generation process with automated outreach
- Markerly – Spans multiple networks to help you identify and recruit people whose lives are most relevant to your brand and values
- Brandbacker – Intelligently engage and grow your brand’s audience through original content from over 30000 bloggers and influencers.
- PopularPays – Connects brand with creators to produce custom content, generate awareness through influencer marketing
- Content BLVD – Get your products in the hands of YouTubers with just a few clicks
- Rep – Marketplace where anyone with any amount of followers on social media can monetize their accounts by working with brands, marketers
- Matchmade – Easy-to-use platform that brings advertisers and influencers together for targeted and measured campaigns
- Tomoson – The first software as a service geared towards influencer & micro-influencer outreach
- Brandsnob – Influencer Marketplace helps brands build, manage and amplify their influencer and content campaigns
- Tribe – Self serve marketplace connecting brands & agencies with social media influencers
- Facebook Branded Content – Produced by a publisher or creator for payment by a business partner
- Reward Style – Dallas-based company, which runs a monetization platform for fashion, beauty and lifestyle influencers
- Shoutcart – Check influencers for accuracy and authenticity
- Niche – xx
- Famebit – Leading self-service influencer marketing platform where brands and influential creators collaborate for branded content endorsements on YouTube, Instagram, etc.