67% of audiences rank video streaming quality as the most important aspect of vlogging and streaming. Therefore, we have compiled this list of some of the best monitor webcams available, to help influencers make a great impression with their content creation and live streams.
Net Influencer has assessed these webcam’s capabilities and if they contain the features required to turn live streaming into an effortless and professional experience by producing excellent quality footage.
Let us unpack this list and evaluate each webcam
The Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam is intended for professional content creators and is game-streaming-friendly.
While not really a shortcoming, it must be noted that:
- The updates on the webcam are conducted manually. However, it does not require software knowledge and is quick and easy to run
Here are some of the perks of this webcam:
- The 1080/30FPS capability and precision glass lens with fast autofocus for clear and sharp images are striking
- The dual microphone must be mentioned, as it captures genuine stereophonic audio, complete with automatic sound cancellation and distortion-free sound
- This webcam includes a tabletop tripod for additional mounting possibilities
This webcam is compatible with macOS, Windows, Chrome OS, and Android and is a great pick for gamers and YouTubers.
The Elgato Facecam has been knocked off first place due to a few shortcomings and some missing features that are staples in the content creation world.
The omissions include:
- A microphone
The shortcomings are:
- The webcam has a tendency to oversaturate colors, especially red tones
- The monitor mount is not the most confidence-inspiring accessory but does include a quarter-inch thread at the bottom for mounting onto a tripod
- This camera is pricier than most options which is justified by its versatility
Let’s look at some of Elgato Facecam’s features below:
- Records uncompressed 1080p at 60fps video using its Sony STAVIS CMOS image sensor (not many webcams offer this)
- Includes a heatsink that prevents overheating when the webcam is in operation for many hours at a time. This is ideal for Twitch streaming marathons.
- You’re able to adjust the contrast, exposure, and FOV using the Facecam’s Camera Hub Software. This offers customizable images and videos and convenience.
- You get relatively clean live streaming on Twitch or YouTube, with the high frame rate and minimal noise
- Elgato Facecam is popular in the video game streaming market. However, this is a great option for content creators.
The Razer Kiyo webcam is popular and highly rated by users for its mentionable firmware and software.
Let us look at the webcam’s cons:
- This webcam is a bit expensive, which can be justified by its features and performance
- Autofocus is included, however, the quality is not the best, which is still suitable for content creators
Some of the camera’s pros include:
- It records at 1080p at 60fps, providing sufficient opportunity to experiment with and adjust the exposure or white balance when editing
- It has an in-built HDR Feature and 3 fields of view- wide, narrow, and medium
- Flexible mounting options and tripod mount
- Includes a physical privacy cover
- An in-built microphone also features, with notable sound quality
The Razer Kiyo Pro is a professional webcam that meets all the needs of a content creator.
The Logitech StreamCam performs so well as a streaming and vlogging camera that it is highly recommended for content creators.
With not many shortcomings apart from the:
- Short type-C cable, which can be inconvenient
- Webcam shoots in a narrow view which is not ideal if you have multiple people in a frame
We move on to the outstanding features of the Logitech StreamCam, which include:
- This webcam functions well as a streaming and vlogging camera
- Records at 1080p at 60fps, offering color correction and clarity
- The StreamCam can be set up to record in landscape and portrait modes, offering streaming that matches the screen ratio for Instagram, TikTok, Facebook Love, and YouTube (9:16 aspect ratio)
- Includes high-speed USB-C connection and a variety of mounting choices
- Its aesthetic design, look and feel of the camera, add something extra to the Logitech StreamCam.
While the Logitech Brio possesses some mentionable features and is worth the investment, it is one of the pricier options available. Let us explore some of the camera’s low points first.
You may review the con list below:
- This premium-priced piece of equipment has cheaper counterparts in the market. With some outstanding features to its name, it gets away with the price.
- There have been reported red-eye issues when recording footage with a source light behind them or in a brightly lit area. This was resolved by keeping the light source at an angle.
- The capture software may have a few bugs to work through
Here are Logitech Brio’s selling points:
- It is one of the few webcams in the market that can record in 4K.
- Its ability to shift from 720p at 60fps to 1080p at 30fps with marginal, if any, effect on the quality of the recording; must be highlighted
- The webcam includes a free companion app, which is to be downloaded from your Mac or PC
- It has autofocus, which improves the streaming quality
- The built-in microphone is rated better than most webcams
- It also has a standard facial tracking software which enables the camera to allow lock on your face
- The RightLight 3 automatically adjusts color and brightness
This webcam has plenty going for it and holds up well in terms of quality and content creation abilities.
With plenty on offer, the Microsoft Modern Webcam is the ideal webcam for traveling due to its compact design and lack of detachable cables and accessories.
Here are some of the webcam’s cons:
- The microphone does not switch on by default and is not compatible with macOS
- The monitor mounts do not have feet
- The monitor mount can be problematic when attaching it to the monitor, depending on the make and model of your monitor
- This webcam does not include an IR sensor
The webcam’s pros include:
- This webcam records in 1080 resolution at 30 fps
- It has a 78-degree field of view
- It has a physical, built-in privacy slider that covers the lens
- This camera has an HDR recording option
- The brightness and contrast can be adjusted. There is also a ‘retouch’ mode that brightens up live footage
- The in-built microphone produces good sound quality
This webcam meets influencers’ needs and is suitable for those content creators who travel often or are mobile.
And there you have it, a list of webcams that will improve your streaming quality, experience, and engagement with followers. As all wise shoppers should, you are advised to research your specific platform and streaming needs. From the webcam resolution to sound quality, high-speed connectivity, plug-and-play functionality and compatibility with your monitor are some aspects to reflect on when deciding on which monitor webcam to go with.
Once set up and streaming, you will find that our great impressions list of monitor webcams does not disappoint. For more details on these webcams and to shop them, click on the amazon links provided in this article.