If you’re a travel influencer looking to take your content to new heights, consider adding a drone to your creation strategy. A drone can capture your journey from a unique perspective, adding intrigue and depth to your vlogs and videos. Keep reading to learn more about the best drones for influencers and how to choose the right one for your needs.
How To Choose the Right Drone
Before buying a drone, it’s helpful to understand their key features:
- Size: Drones range in size. If you travel frequently or you create content on the go, consider buying a compact drone that’s designed for easy transport.
- Weight: A lightweight drone is ideal for traveling, especially when capturing footage from remote areas. Heavier drones can be a burden to carry around and some heavy duty drones may require a license for operation.
- Battery Life: When you’re shooting in a prime location, the last thing you need is a dead drone battery. Look for drones with an extended battery life and quick recharge capabilities.
- Video Quality: Drone cameras range in quality, and standard video quality may be suitable for those shooting personal footage for family and friends. However, if you’re a professional vlogger and looking to monetize your content, it may be worth investing in higher video quality, like 4K.
- Experience Level: If you’re a beginner drone operator, look for user-friendly models. You may pay a bit more up front for more automated features, but your learning curve will be much smaller and you’re more likely to shoot great footage right away.
- Replacement Parts: Replacement parts for drones can be expensive for high-end models. Depending on the brand, parts may also be difficult to find. Research well-known drone brands and check customer reviews before making your final decision.
Best Drones for Influencers
The lightweight, compact DJI Mini 3 weights under 249 grams, making transport easy and stress-free. This drone has 38 minutes of battery life per charge, which can be extended to 51 minutes with the DJI Flight Battery Plus (sold separately). It is resistant to winds up to 38 kph so you can keep your shot steady.
The DJI Mini films in 4K HDR video and can be used during the day or at night. Use the QuickShots feature for dynamic flight patterns or the True Vertical Shooting feature to capture tall landmarks like mountains and skyscrapers. This drone comes with two additional batteries, a two-way charging hub, and a shoulder bag.
The NEHEME NH525 is a mini drone with a 1080P HD camera, perfect for selfies on the go. Designed with the beginner in mind, this drone only uses one key to take off and land. It also has easy speed adjustment features and Altitude Hold mode. If you’re into tricks, the NEHEME NH525 can perform high speed rotations and 360 degree flips. On the accompanying app, use the screen to draw a flight pattern and the drone will follow.
This drone comes equipped with four propeller guards and foldable blades. When fully charged, the NEHEME NH525 lasts for up to 26 minutes. It also includes a detailed user manual.
The Holy Stone HS720 is one of the more popular drones on Amazon with several positive customer reviews. With GPS assisted flight capabilities, you’ll know where your drone is at all times. It also automatically returns to the operator whenever battery life is low. The HS720 can fly for up to 52 minutes per charge. It also has a brushless motor for quiet flying.
With a 4K UHD camera and image stabilization, the Holy Stone HS720 is perfect for travel vloggers. It is also foldable and comes with a custom carrying case. This drone is beginner friendly with a one key start and stop. You can also set the controller to right or left handed for optimal operation.
At under $60, the Syma X400 is an affordable option for beginners or content creators on a budget. It’s controlled on a smartphone using the accompanying Syma App and also allows you to draw a route which the drone will follow. With real time WiFi transmission, you can share your drone pictures and videos instantly with family and friends.
The Syma X400 has a 720P camera with First Person View mode. It also features an over-current protection mode. Each drone purchase includes a USB charging cable, four extra propellers, and two rechargeable batteries.
Another highly-rated drone on Amazon is the Ruko F11PRO. With 60 minutes of flight time, this drone outlasts many others in battery life per charge. This drone comes with beginner settings for first-time operators. It also has a brushless motor cased in aluminum alloy for maximum durability. The Ruko F11PRO can be set to Follow Me Mode and specific points of interest so you can remain in full control at all times. The GPS system ensures your drone’s return whenever batteries are low or you experience a lost signal.
The F11PRO features a 4K UHD camera for vivid, clear video footage and photography. It also has an 120 degree FOV lens and a 90 degree adjustable camera. Ruko offers customers a 30-day return or exchange policy and a 90 day warranty.
Weighing in at under 250 grams, the Bwine F7MINI drone is light enough for you to avoid obtaining a flight license. Capture wide angle footage with the 130 degree FOV lens and 90 degree adjustable camera, which is full HD (4K). The F7MINI comes equipped with multi sensors that detect air optical flow and air pressure for better flight control.
The Bwine F7MINI has a flight time of 60 minutes per charge and has an advanced foldable design, ideal for travel vloggers and jetsetters. The GPS Smart Fly feature ensures your drone’s safe return each flight and is well-suited for beginners and experienced flyers. Your purchase includes a portable bag, USB cable, and a two year warranty.